List:       firewall-wizards
Subject:    RE: [fw-wiz] Reducing Napster and beyond...
From:       Jonn Martell <martell () ucs ! ubc ! ca>
Date:       2000-10-21 11:10:16

What is the "problem"? :
Pigs.

Pure pigs.  Napters (version 10/00) will use as much bandwidth as it can.
Is this "good". "Sure!" and "No way!"

If it's there, use it...well.... it costs $$ doen't it??  That is where
usage charging fall apart.  "We" have enough fiber - let's not be "pigs"
one way or the other.... Is this really too much to ask??

As for what "technology" to deploy to make Napster "behave" (because it
simply DOES NOT), Packeteer seems to be the leader at this point.

Disc: Not an investor, yet. :)

 fool