List:       firewall-1
Subject:    [FW1] encrypted connections
From:       Mark Schroeder <mark () genome ! stanford ! edu>
Date:       1999-03-31 22:57:38

I'm relatively new to all this, so please bear with me.

We are looking for a good socket-level encryption solution (in
software) that is supported on most popular platforms, especially NT,
95, and MacOS, to allow encrypted connections for the few services
that we allow through our wall. Something like SSH but for more
general use. It would be great if it worked directly with Firewall-1.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I would think something would
exist that uses SSL or some such.

Mark