List:       firewall-1
Subject:    [FW-1] =?iso-8859-1?Q?R=E9f=2E_=3A_Re=3A_[FW-1]_Secureplatform_on_HP_DL360_with?= Broadcom NIC
From:       noel.breton () CNAV ! FR
Date:       2003-05-28 7:36:22

Hi,

What kind of major issue did you have ?
We have the same configuration except that whe have in addition some Dual
Intel Pro 100 ethernet cards.
When some FTP flow go through the FW, the system PANIC with an KERNEL
error.

Bye.

Noël BRETON
Caisse Nationale d'Assurance Vieillesse
15, avenue Louis Jouhanneau
BP 7266

37072 TOURS CEDEX 02
Tél  :  +33 (0)2 47 88 73 86
 Fax :  +33 (0)2 47 88 75 84
Email : noel.breton@cnav.fr

|---------+-------------------------------------------->
|         |           "Wilger, Doug"                   |
|         |           <Doug.Wilger@HP.COM>             |
|         |           Envoyé par : Mailing list for    |
|         |           discussion of Firewall-1         |
|         |           <FW-1-MAILINGLIST@AMADEUS.US.CHEC|
|         |           KPOINT.COM>                      |
|         |                                            |
|         |                                            |
|         |           27/05/2003 16:45                 |
|         |           Veuillez répondre à Mailing list |
|         |           for discussion of Firewall-1     |
|         |                                            |
|---------+-------------------------------------------->
  |       cc :                                                                                   |
  |       Objet :   Re: [FW-1] Secureplatform on HP DL360 with Broadcom NIC                      |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Yes, several of them in fact.  Note that in some cases you need to
hardcode the speed of the NIC's, - I had problems with one box not
properly autonegotiating which caused major issues.

Add a line after "alias eth0..." in /etc/modules.conf:

options bcm5700 line_speed=xx full_duplex=yy

Replace xx with the speed (10,100,1000)
Replace yy with 1 for full duplex or 0 for half duplex
For more than 1 NIC (obviously there will be at least 2), add the
parameters as a comma separated list

Ex: options bcm5700 line_speed=100,10 full_duplex=1,0  will set eth0 to
100 Mb/FDX, eth1 to 10 Mbit/HDX, assuming eth0 and eth1 are the Broadcom
NIC's

Doug