List:       fink-beginners
Subject:    Re: [Fink-beginners] Regina installation
From:       Ben Burton <bab () debian ! org>
Date:       2011-10-31 23:13:22

Hi Kei, Alexander,

My initial guess is a clash between the python versions that come with fink and the \
versions that come with MacOS (i.e., regina is building against one but then trying \
to run its test suite against another).  I will update my fink packages today and see \
if I can reproduce the problem; if not, I will come back to Kei for more information. \
In the meantime, Kei: if you could mail me a copy of \
/sw/src/fink.build/regina-normal-4.90-0.1/regina-4.90/build/CMakeCache.txt (if that \
directory hasn't been deleted yet), that would be great.

For Alexander:

> I'm not showing regina-normal-4.90 as being in the Fink distribution
> (and the revision of 0.1 would be illegal in a released Fink package).

Yep, this is the info file downloaded directly from the upstream regina website.  I \
haven't submitted an info file to fink yet because it currently builds against \
kde4/mac only (it's not split into separate -mac and -x11 versions).  If this is not \
a problem, then (after sorting out this python issue with Kei) I will go ahead and \
submit it (since the current regina-normal-4.6 in fink is a couple of years out of \
date).  If both -mac and -x11 versions are mandatory, then I will leave it as \
third-party for now until I have time to build and properly test the -x11 versions.

- Ben.