List:       fink-beginners
Subject:    Re: [Fink-beginners] How to remove build lock?
From:       Martin Costabel <costabel () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       2005-06-26 21:24:03

Thøger Juul Thorsen wrote:
> I've been trying to build the openoffice.org 1.9, which for some
> reason failed. I decided to give it up, removed the source and the
> build folder.
>
> Now I'm lacking disk space and decided i would remove KDE and keep
> only Gnome.
>
> However, a 'fink remove kdebase3-ssl' gives me the following reply:
>
> Password:
> Information about 4956 packages read in 14 seconds.
> dpkg --remove kdebase3-ssl
> dpkg: parse error, in file `/sw/var/lib/dpkg/status' near line 9087
> package `fink-buildlock-openoffice.org-1.9m97-3':
>  missing version
> ### execution of dpkg failed, exit code 2

This can happen when you interrupt your build process at a bad moment.
The problem is the same as described in FAQ#6.14 "I can't install
anything because I get "dpkg: parse error, in file
`/sw/var/lib/dpkg/status'"!"
http://fink.sourceforge.net/faq/faq.en.html#comp-general.dpkg-parse-error

--
Martin