List:       fink-beginners
Subject:    [Fink-beginners] Fink and DarwinPorts
From:       "Francis X. Maier" <franx () qwest ! net>
Date:       2005-06-26 21:17:19

I've been using Linux -- Ubuntu, Yellow Dog, etc -- for a couple
years; I know enough to get by in a CLI environment, but a lot under
the hood still remains a mystery.  I'd like to try using some Unix-
related packages on my G5 (running 10.4).  Can somebody explain the
relative advantages/disadvantages of using DarwinPorts or Fink?

Thanks for the help.

Fran