List:       festvox-talk
Subject:    Re: Saving wav for a Greek Unit Selection Voice.
From:       "Nickolay V. Shmyrev" <nshmyrev () yandex ! ru>
Date:       2008-09-16 12:58:55

÷ ðÔÎ, 12/09/2008 × 19:06 +0300, cmpoumpousis@telecom.tuc.gr ÐÉÛÅÔ:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have finished the creation of a Greek Unit Selection voice. Now for the
> presentation of my thesis, i want to create some wavs using my synthetic voice.
> I read in the Festvox manual that festival has the command text2wave in order to
> take as input a txt file and create a wav file with what was written in the txt
> file. So i have the following questions.
>
> 1. How can i make my voice ready for distribution?? In the festvox manual there
> is an example for the Japanese Diphone voice. Is it the same procedure for the
> Unit Selection voice??

"bin/make_dis festvox" should do everything. Into distribution of the
clunits voice you must include the following:

festvox/*.scm
festival/clunits/$FV_VOICENAME.catalogue
festival/trees/$FV_VOICENAME.tree
mcep/*.mcep
wav/*.wav

> 2. Once my voice is ready for distribution how can i make it the default voice
> in Festival?? I ask this because the text2wave command uses the default voice
> installed in Festival kal_diphone in order to generate the wavs.

In festival/lib/siteinit.scm add a line (voice_your_voice_name)

> 3. Finally, i want to ask which method does Festival use so as to calculate the
> LPC parameters the Recursive Levidson-Durbin Method or a lattice implementation
> of LPC filters??

You can check the code in speech_tools/sigpr, in particular the function

void sig2lpc(const EST_FVector &sig, EST_FVector &acf,
                EST_FVector &ref, EST_FVector &lpc)

If I understand correctly, this method is called Levinson-Durbin
Recursion as described on the page 294 in Spoken Language Processing.