List:       fedora-test-list
Subject:    Re: Introduction
From:       Sumantro Mukherjee <sumukher () redhat ! com>
Date:       2017-05-13 18:19:20

----- Original Message -----

Hey Ryan,

First of all, Welcome and thanks for showing your interest in Fedora QA. I've \
sponsored your request to qa group

You can start off by testing updates in [http://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/] for Fedora \
24 , Fedora 25 and Fedora 26.  Update testing is where a tester tests a package and \
gives out a +1 Karma for PASS and -1 Karma for FAIL. You can go to \
bodhi.fedoraproject.org where you can sort the packages with Fedora Releases and tags \
viz "pending" & "testing" . You can read much about update testing here [1]. You can \
also, use fedora-easy-karma for giving out feedbacks.

you can start with  Release Validation testing. In Release Validation all you need to \
do is to check the nightly/TC/RC against certain criteria. For example, let's take \
the latest alpha (Fedora 26 Branched 20170513), you can run test cases which are \
mentioned [2] and submit your results in the test matrix.

Note that each of the test cases[3] will have "How to test" section which will have \
the steps (to be executed sequentially) and if the results match with the expected \
results you can mark it as pass by editing the wiki page \
{{result|PASS|<fas_username>}} . Always make sure to check for "Associated release \
criterion" which can be found on the top of test case page , if your test case fails \
you can mark it fail by editing the wiki page {{result|FAIL|<fas_username>}} and file \
a bug at RHBZ [4] under Fedora.

 You can always find the ‘current' validation pages using these addresses:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Installation_Test
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Base_Test
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Desktop_Test
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Server_Test
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Cloud_Test

For Automation, you can start looking at Taskotron \
[https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Taskotron] and Open \
QA[https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/OpenQA].

[1]https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Updates_Testing
[2]https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_26_Branched_20170513.n.0_Installation