List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: output device changes with pipewire-0.3.83-2
From:       stan via users <users () lists ! fedoraproject ! org>
Date:       2023-10-31 18:45:56

On Tue, 31 Oct 2023 00:13:52 +0100
Frank Elsner via users <users@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> has anyone other than me observed the effect that during audio
> playback to an audio interface the destination device changes to the
> "build-in audio device." This happens to me occasionally with
> pipewire-0.3.83-2.fc38.x86_64 and my ZOOM H6 audio interface.

No, I have not seen that.  Once I select a device, it is always used.

> Any hint to avoid this welcome.

Do you have a default device set?  I haven't done it in a while, but
even under pipewire it is possible to use pavucontrol to set an output
device as the default.  I think I recall that once that is set, other
outputs are not used unless explicitly requested.  But I could be
wrong, as things constantly change as a developer's idea of the use case
changes.