List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: Keyboard repeat
From:       GianPiero Puccioni <gianpiero.puccioni () isc ! cnr ! it>
Date:       2023-10-20 8:59:27

On 19/10/2023 19:16, Tim via users wrote:
> On Thu, 2023-10-19 at 14:53 +0200, GianPiero Puccioni wrote:
>> I have a problem with the keyboard, once in while the key I press start
>> repeating even after a short press and doesn't stop until I press another key.
>>
>> I had to disable the key repeat (not optimal) as it was disrupting my work.
>> This is going on for months, I waited for several updates to see if thing got
>> better but to no avail.
>
> I'm always suspicious of the keyboard, itself, with those kinds of
> issues.  Which is problematic to diagnose and deal with, when it's a
> built-in keyboard on a laptop.  And looking at images of the Dell G15
> F38 laptop you mentioned shows the kind of keyboard that'd be difficult
> to blast grot out of with an air can.
>
> Is it always the same key?

Good question!
I am not sure, but from what I remember most of the times it's the arrow keys,
I'll try to remove and clean them.

GianPiero Puccioni            |Istituto dei Sistemi Complessi-CNR
gianpiero.puccioni@isc.cnr.it |Via Madonna del Piano, 10
T:+39 0555226682              |50019 Sesto F. (Firenze) ITALY