List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: whence USB 2?
From:       Mauricio Tavares <raubvogel () gmail ! com>
Date:       2023-05-09 1:45:17

On Mon, May 8, 2023 at 8:36 PM Michael Hennebry
<hennebry@web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:

> As I cannot use my chromebook, grrrr, I've been looking for a lpatop.
> It seems that nothing connects to USB 2.
> They might have 3 to 17 USB C connectors,
> but I have abolutely nothing that can use those.
> I get it.
> USB 4 is the latest and greatest and only uses C connectors.
> Why no connectors for USB 2 at all?
>
> BTW it can be a pain discovering what kind of connections a laptop has.
> Usually an ad will mention HDMI and how great the internals are,
> but not what kind of USB connections or whether it will take an SD card.

      I do not know which modern laptops still have USB2/3 ports; I
can relate to your USB-C pain as the Mac laptop I used had two of
them, forcing me to get a soapbox-like appendage with the ethernet,
USB3, and HDMI ports I needed.

Bestbuy lists a few; it seems you need to look for USB 3 or USB 3.1
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/shop/laptops-with-usb3

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/what-is-usb-3-1-when-will-it-be-released-and-what-will-it-do-for-pcs/