List:       fedora-list
Subject:    snapper on fedora
From:       Neal Becker <ndbecker2 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2022-12-24 14:29:00

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

For several years I've been jealous of Suse for snapper.  There's been a
snapper package for Fedora for some time, but I don't think it set up the
subvolumes correctly.  I tried following this guide (warning: chrome
doesn't seem to like this page)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fedora/comments/tv7wg5/comment/i393qc7/?context=3

I setup everything but not any timers - I'm not looking for automatic
periodic backups.
I had thought it would be really great to be able to undo dnf updates -
there is a  python3-dnf-plugin-snapper.

But we already have dnf history undo, so no I wonder, is there really any
point?

I suppose one use is if my system became unbootable I could somehow mount a
snapshot.  OTOH, I can't recall the last time I would have needed this.