List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: rescue mode needs rescuing!
From:       John Mellor <john.mellor () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-03-18 12:50:11

Something keeps bugging me about what you described as symptoms. You
stated that you started getting overheat warnings when you ran the old
recovery kernel, and shut it down.  That should never happen unless the
machine was not correctly built.

I suspect that either the processor or video card cooling fins are
plugged with dust, or that the heat transfer goop on the top of the
processor has dried out and you are not transferring enough heat away
when under load.

Can you (a) blow out the cooling fins, and if that does not resolve the
issue, (b) pop off the cooler and renew the Arctic Silver interface goop?

--

John Mellor