List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: Some things that would make Linux/KDE better for me...
From:       Ed Greshko <ed.greshko () greshko ! com>
Date:       2020-02-07 5:44:27

On 2020-02-07 13:17, linux guy wrote:
> Thanks for the tip.    Unfortunately, if I do a normal shutdown, Firefox asks to \
> close all the open windows first, which means they don't automatically reopen upon \
> restart.

If I have 2 firefox windows open, each with 4 open tabs, and I do

qdbus org.kde.ksmserver /KSMServer logout 0 3 3

I get logged out without any prompts to close any windows/tabs of FF.

And when I log back in and start FF my windows/tabs are restored.
I also have it set for KDE to start with a blank session on login.

Oddly?, I don't have "Restore Previous Session" checked as Dave has mentioned.  This \
option may only be relevant if one closes FF directly.

--
The key to getting good answers is to ask good questions.