List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: Mass rebuild: git push --no-verify
From:       Sérgio Basto <sergio () serjux ! com>
Date:       2024-01-19 1:39:43

On Thu, 2024-01-18 at 09:13 -0700, Jerry James wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 16, 2024 at 3:32 PM Sérgio Basto <sergio@serjux.com>
> wrote:
> > You got mass rebuild script here [1] in massrebuildsinfo.py [2] you
> > may
> > define what packages you are going to rebuild ,  in line 93 of
> > mass-
> > rebuild.py [3] you got the list of packages that you go rebuild
> > and since line 132 [4] you have the commands that will run .
> > Is rpmdev-bumpspec that fails ?
>
> Thank you for the pointer, Sérgio.  I have opened
> https://pagure.io/releng/pull-request/11897.
>
> It is not rpmdev-bumpspec that fails.  That works just fine.  But any
> package that uses the %{fontpkgname1}, %{fontpkgname2}, ... macros
> requires --no-verify today when pushing to git, due to the referenced
> bug.  That's merely annoying for a human, but fatal to an automated
> build script that doesn't pass --noverify.

ok, is git push that fails .
As an idea , you may do "no verify" build option like noautobuild, in
line 143 of mass-rebuild.py [1] we have "Check for a noautobuild file"
to optout to skip mass rebuild, we may add an option in similar way for
noverify push, for example file "noverifybuild" .

Kodi use noautobuild (and it works :) ) :
https://github.com/rpmfusion/kodi/

[1]
https://pagure.io/releng/blob/main/f/scripts/mass-rebuild.py#_143

--