List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: libindi upgrade to 2.0.0 and soname bump
From:       Mattia Verga via devel <devel () lists ! fedoraproject ! org>
Date:       2023-02-24 17:38:59

> Il 04/02/23 18:41, Mattia Verga ha scritto:
> So, I've built libindi 2.0.0 under f39-build-side-63222.
>
> I'm building indi-3rdparty-libraries and indi-3rdparty-drivers 2.0.0 now
> and I'll take care of building phd2 from the latest git snapshot which
> was fixed to be compatible with libindi 2.0.0.
>
> The remaining software that need to be rebuild are:
>
> - kstars (needs to be upgraded to 3.6.3, I've verified in COPR that the
> new version fixes compatibility with libindi 2)
> - stellarium (we need to wait for a fix from upstream, see
> https://github.com/Stellarium/stellarium/issues/3038 )
>
> To the kstars maintainers: I can take care to upgrade the package, if
> you want (it's just a simple version bump and upload new sources).
>
> To the stellarium maintainers: I will wait for a patch from upstream
> before pushing the side-tag (I hope before it expires).

Update on this: kstars has been updated and built in the side tag. The only package \
which remain to be fixed for libindi 2.0 is stellarium, but it seems that upstream is \
taking much longer than I thought to look at this.

As I don't want to let the side-tag expire, I'll probably push it to Rawhide in the \
next few days. I'll then take care of the FTI/FTB ticket on stellarium by monitoring \
upstream and applying any patch (or upgrading the package). Obviously, I will not \
push anything to F38 until all packages are fixed.

Mattia