List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: Changes to Bugzilla API key requirements
From:       Solomon Peachy via devel <devel () lists ! fedoraproject ! org>
Date:       2023-02-24 16:55:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Fri, Feb 24, 2023 at 05:55:55AM +0100, Kevin Kofler via devel wrote:
> Ah right, I had forgotten about that issue. I do not think I will ever
> understand the fascination some projects have for JIRA. It is proprietary,
> and IMHO the web UI for users to report bugs in JIRA is very confusing at
> times. (The Bugzilla one can be confusing at times as well, but at least it
> is familiarly confusing. ;-) )

Middle management *LOVES LOVES LOVES* Jira.

As for everyone else... let's just say that it's not repeatable in polite company.

(I admit I'm surprised that "Free Software for Everything" Red Hat is
 chosing to base something so fundamental to their business on a highly
 proprietary tool.  I suppose O365 is just a matter of time...)

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			      pizza at shaftnet dot org (email&xmpp)
                                      @pizza:shaftnet dot org   (matrix)