List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: F37 proposal: Build all JDKs in Fedora against in-tree libraries and with static stdc++lib (Syst
From:       Vitaly Zaitsev via devel <devel () lists ! fedoraproject ! org>
Date:       2022-05-27 15:37:20

On 27/05/2022 15:30, Peter Boy wrote:
> Really sorry, but such a statement is simply intellectual bullshit. Unfortunately, \
> it is not possible to formulate this in a more friendly yet unambiguous way. And in \
> this thread in particular, the many allegations, unclouded by any expertise but \
> made all the more decisively, are simply annoying - and a huge waste of everyone's \
> time in the long run.

But it's true.

One of my packages had a bundled library with 6 critical vulnerabilities
(outdated for 5 years). The upstream developers said they didn't care
because they needed their app to run under Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. Fixed it
manually by switching to the packaged version.

Another package had bundled OpenSSL, which was 3 years out of date.

--
Sincerely,
   Vitaly Zaitsev (vitaly@easycoding.org)