List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: Fedora minimum hardware requirements
From:       przemek klosowski via devel <devel () lists ! fedoraproject ! org>
Date:       2021-10-20 19:34:00

On 10/14/21 18:30, Peter Boy wrote:
> A default installation of Fedora Server Edition occupies about 2.2 GiB of storage \
> and consumes 505 MiB of Ram. An absolute minimum might be 2 G RAM and 5 G storage

This pretty much would require a reinstall on upgrade, because during
the regular upgrade the root filesystem needs to contain the old
packages, the new RPMS and the space to install them before the old ones
are deleted, i.e. the root FS needs to be at least 3x the installed size.

It's OK in many cases, but we should warn people.