List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: F34 Change proposal: Wayland by Default for KDE Plasma Desktop (System-Wide Change)
From:       Pavel Raiskup <praiskup () redhat ! com>
Date:       2020-09-21 10:22:23

On Thursday, September 10, 2020 6:00:09 PM CEST Ondrej Mosnacek wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 12:58 PM Neal Becker <ndbecker2@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Might be interesting to try logging in as a new user to see if some older kde \
> > settings are messing things up.
>
> That's definitely possible... However this is a single-user machine
> and I don't really feel like creating a new user :)
>
> If I find some time I'll try it on my other laptop and/or dig deeper...

Ondrej, what Fedora version are you on?  The change claims:

  With KDE Plasma 5.20, the KDE Plasma desktop environment has reached a
  point where nearly all commonly used features in the desktop and all
  major applications function in the Plasma Wayland environment on all
  major GPUs (including NVIDIA with the proprietary driver).

I'd consider a move to F34 just to test early, but even F34 still seems to
have 5.19.90.

The change says:

  How To Test
  Log into a KDE Plasma desktop. Do any activity you would normally do in
  your daily desktop use: launching applications, configuring displays,
  etc. Things should work the same way under Wayland as they used to
  under X.

Even a simple link to step-by-step howto would help.  How much sense does
it have to test F32/F33?

Pavel