List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: Fedora 32 System-Wide Change proposal (late): Enable EarlyOOM
From:       Vít_Ondruch <vondruch () redhat ! com>
Date:       2020-08-05 8:19:04

Dne 04. 08. 20 v 21:38 Michael Catanzaro napsal(a):
> On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 10:31 am, Chris Murphy
> <lists@colorremedies.com> wrote:
>> Should we go back to the old workaround for F33? Madness for one more
>> release? And then drop the madness once there's a dnf solution?
>
> We could, but we have installed so many other things that it's
> becoming quite hard to keep track of them all, and if we're going to
> have a workaround for any one package I would recommend we use the
> same workaround for them all. And that's the merge request I have
> above. And for that to work, we would need to require that anyone
> touching comps also add a corresponding Recommends: in fedora-release.
> That would be unfortunate.

Wouldn't it be better to replace this part of comps by soft
dependencies? I quite don't understand why we have not dropped comps (at
leas for the use case of installation basic OS) when we got soft
dependencies in RPM.

Admittedly, the soft dependencies would be repeatedly installed compared
to comps, but now you are asking DNF to actually install the content of
comps repetitively. So there won't be difference at the end.

Vít