List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: Fedora 32 System-Wide Change proposal (late): Enable EarlyOOM
From:       Vít_Ondruch <vondruch () redhat ! com>
Date:       2020-08-05 8:14:08

Dne 04. 08. 20 v 20:58 Vitaly Zaitsev via devel napsal(a):
> On 04.08.2020 16:45, Vít Ondruch wrote:
>> I think the "don't use autoremove" is better suggestion ATM, because I
>> don't really want to keep earlyoom on the system in case there is
>> systemd-oomd or whatever should be the successor.
> You can always easily swap one package to another:
>
> sudo dnf swap earlyoom systemd-oomd --allowerasing

I know I can swap packages and what not, but primarily I want to keep my
system in "default" state, mostly following the changes Fedora
contributors are proposing. So if the proposal is to have earlyoom
installed by default, then it is surprising it might not be installed.
This situation should be fixed generally without me changing anything.
And that is the reason I bumped this thread.

Vít