List:       familiar
Subject:    Re: [Familiar] Re: Got Konqueror Installed... BUT!!!!!
From:       Toby Gray <tobygray () netspace ! net ! au>
Date:       2003-06-29 21:08:05

On Sunday 29 June 2003 23:22, jim tate quoth thusly:
> Found the two files at:
>
> /mnt/hda/opt/QtPalmtop/share/apps/khtml/css/html4.css
>
> /mnt/hda/opt/QtPalmtop/share/config/charsets
>
> Would I have to do a symlink so konqueror could find these two files.
> What would be the command?

You could try a symlink, or you could try setting the KDEDIR environment
variable that was mentioned in the error message in you original
posting.
I would tend to favour the environment variable option, because a
symlink may have unexpected effects on other apps (assuming you
actually have a "real" /usr/share directory). You may be able to
alleviate this problem by using two more specific symlinks, one for
each file, but this could get messy.
So, if I were you, what I would do is add the following line to the file
'/etc/profile'

export KDEDIR=/mnt/hda/opt/QtPalmtop

This will globally set up the KDEDIR enviroment variable, but only after
your next reboot. Simply enter the above line as a command in a console
to set the environment variable for your currently running session.
You can see if it worked by typing
# set | more
this will produce a list of all your environment settings. You may have
to start konqueror from the console where you enter the 'export'
command (by typing 'konqueror &').

If you are determined to use a symlink, you can try this
# ln -s /mnt/hda/opt/QtPalmtop/share /usr/share
This will probably fail, unless you do not already have a '/usr/share'
directory. If it does fail for this reason, you could try a pair of
symlinks, one for each file:
# ln -s /mnt/hda/opt/QtPalmtop/share/apps/khtml/css/html4.css
/usr/share/apps/khtml/css/html4.css
# ln -s /mnt/hda/opt/QtPalmtop/share/config/charsets
/usr/share/config/charsets
You may need to create some directories under '/usr/share'  in order for
this to work:
# mkdir /usr/share/apps
# mkdir /usr/share/apps/khtml
# mkdir /usr/share/apps/khtml/css