List:       familiar
Subject:    [Familiar] grepui - GUI front end to grep
From:       Seth Golub <seth () aigeek ! com>
Date:       2001-11-30 2:18:24

I made my first ipkg.  It's a python/glade front end to grep.

home:       http://www.aigeek.com/grepui/
ipkg:       http://www.aigeek.com/grepui/grepui_0.1_all.ipk
screenshot: http://www.aigeek.com/grepui/grepui.png

Reasons it might be useful:

  There are buttons for punctuation commonly used in regular
  expressions, so you don't have to remember the xstroke magic for them.

  You can (must) use a file selection dialog, rather than typing in the
  file name.

The filename defaults to /usr/share/dict/words, which probably isn't
very useful to most people, but if it's available, it's a great default.
(Mine is symlinked so I have it if my CF card is in.)