List:       f-spot-list
Subject:    Re: How dead is f-spot
From:       Dougie Nisbet <dougie () highmoor ! co ! uk>
Date:       2016-02-04 12:14:07

On 04/02/2016 11:22, Alberto Mardegan wrote:
> Sorry to tell you, that you are converting from one dead project to
> another :-)
> Yorba (the company behind Shotwell) has not been working on it since
> about one year ago, and the project only receives few bugfixes
> contributed by the community or downstream distributions.
> Bugs filed on the project are left pretty much unanswered.
>
> Ciao,
>    Alberto

That's my experience too. I reluctantly abandoned f-spot - not due to
lack of features but lack of stability. I liked it a lot. shotwell is ok
but has some enormously frustrating limitations. I came across a
favourite again yesterday: Browsing a selection of images and want to
remove a particular tag from the selected images. Can't be done. I'd be
prepared to go through a bit of pain to go back to f-spot if it was
stable. It had all the basic features I needed as a photo management system.

Dougie