List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: [Exim] Re: Address rewriting and local deliveries
From:       Jor-el <jorel () marvin ! megadodo ! umb>
Date:       1999-09-26 22:24:31

On Sun, 26 Sep 1999, kari wrote:

> Jo-rel wrote..
> > Kari,
> > Read the FAQ...
>
> Thanks, I did and tried to setup two exims running as described in the
> FAQ. However, the mail sat in the 'original' exim, i.e. in the one doing
> the local delivery and it never passed the mail to the other exim.
>
> Could it be because I am using version 2.05 that came with Debian Slink
> (2.1)? Or maybe I could not follow the instructions given properly?
>
> After setting up the two exims with different conf-files I was a
> bit confused how to check the mail queues of both of these. Running exim
> -bp showed the queu of the 'local' exim but how to see the 'remote' one?

Jor-el,

	I am running the version of Exim that was provided in Slink - so
that isnt the cause of the problem. If you are interested, I can send you
my configuration files in non-list correspondance.

	As regards the queue visibility, you need to set the
EXIMON_EXIM_CONFIG environment variable correctly before invoking eximon.
This would make eximon read the correct configuration file. What I did was
to copy the eximon script into a file called 'eximon-ext' and added the
following line at the top of the file :

export EXIMON_EXIM_CONFIG=/etc/exim-external.conf

	where the exim-external.conf is the configuration file that
corresponds to the second Exim daemon.

HTH,
Jor-el

In a great romance, each person basically plays a part that the
other really likes.
		-- Elizabeth Ashley