List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: [EXIM] compiling problem with DBM
From:       Evan Leibovitch <evan () telly ! org>
Date:       1998-03-31 16:46:58

On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, Philip Hazel wrote:

> > I have Caldera OpenLinux Base 1.1 and the Berkeley DB 1.85 library and although
> > I edited the Local/Makefile by adding "USE_DB=yes", I cannot compile Exim and I
> > get the famous DBM errors.
> >
> > Does anyone know how I can get Exim to compile with DB?
>
> If you post more details of what goes wrong someone might be able to
> help. I compile Exim with DB all the time, but not on a Linux system.

This may be a minor RTFM nit, but the file 'dbm.discuss.txt' in the doc
directory was a godsend for me in solving those problems, though
sometimes it needs to be read and re-read a few times to sink in.
(Well, it did for me ;-)

FWIW, I have exim running fine on a Linux system but I'm using the GNU
'gdbm' system rather than Berkeley.

- Evan

--
***  Exim information can be found at http://www.exim.org/  ***