List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: [exim] Trendmicro Interscan Viruswall -qn?
From:       "Peter Bowyer" <peter () bowyer ! org>
Date:       2004-12-29 7:22:41

Duncan <drack@mweb.co.zw> wrote:
> hi there
> Does Trendmicro Interscan Viruswall  work with exim?
> Is there anyway of getting it to work with exim ,somehow i have a
> feeling it should work

Depends on your definition of 'work' - Interscan Viruswall is a scanner with
its own MTA, it's designed to sit in front of your existing MTA, receiving
inbound SMTP traffic, scanning it and passing it on inwards. As such, it
will 'work' with Exim as well as it will with any other MTA, but you should
probably check out how it will handle mail for non-existant users (hopefully
it has a method of rejecting it rather than accepting it and leaving it for
your inner MTA to bounce), how it deals with infected it should be
rejecting, and so on.

Exim with Exiscan and ClamAV provide a very good alternative solution, and
have the advantage of being a) free and b) integrated with your Exim ACLs,
thus avoiding the issues I mentioned above.

Peter