List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: [Exim] Re: SPF
From:       Dominik Ruf <dominik-exim-users () dodolin ! de>
Date:       2004-01-30 16:30:22

* Chris Edwards <chris@eng.gla.ac.uk> [2004-01-30 17:03]:
> Its simply an over-complicated form of whitelisting.

IMHO not. Whitelisting happens at the receiver side whereas
SPF gives this kind of control back to the sender.

> In the real world, a significant proportion of bona-fide mail is sent by
> SMTP clients that could never be "designated senders" for the envelope
> sender domain they use.

Then this sender domain will publish no SPF records at all or
"suitable" SPF records.

BTW: I find this topic (SPF) kinda offtopic for the exim-users
list as long as we're not directly discussing the integration of
SPF into Exim. Therefor, I'm setting the Reply-To Header to me.

Dominik