List:       evms-devel
Subject:    [Evms-devel] Root on EVMS and /initrd
From:       "Brian Buchanan" <BrianBuchanan () interfast ! ca>
Date:       2006-05-24 17:24:23

I've got a question about running Root on EVMS with the evms-2.5.5-initrd.gz.

Can anyone explain why my /initrd directory disappears after every boot?
Is the pivot hiding it?

I make the directory, reboot and it's gone.  If I don't recreate it, it
still boots ok, which is weirding me out because on one install, I forgot
to make it and I had problems booting. (I had to create it during the boot
process)

I'm running Slackware 10.2, incase its a distro specific thing to hide the
pivot. (which is what it seems like, but I don't know)

Thanks,

._. Brian