List:       ethereal-dev
Subject:    Re: [Ethereal-dev] Writing Decoders for Ethereal
From:       Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen () lurchi ! franken ! de>
Date:       2003-04-28 7:35:11

Hi Sal,

you can also use packet-m3ua.c as an example. ethereal will
handle your data as m3ua if you use that payload protocol identifier
of M3UA or the registered port number for M3UA.

The best way to avoid confusion is to use a not registered payload
protocol identifier for your SCTP traffic. It is a 32 bit integer
and only a few values are used yet.

Best regards
Michael