List:       ethereal-dev
Subject:    RE: [Ethereal-dev] Name Resolution
From:       Biot Olivier <Olivier.Biot () siemens ! com>
Date:       2003-04-28 7:17:44

For the sake of completeness, WinOT and WinNT use a HOSTS file.
For Win2k, this file is located in

	C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\HOSTS

This directory also contains other UNIX flavored files :)

I use the HOSTS file to add mappings for RAS dialin numbers
and hosts not having a name lookup mapping. Some file sharing
software add entries to HOSTS that block ads by letting the
ad server be mapped to 127.0.0.1 but that's another story :)

Regards,

Olivier