List:       eros-doc
Subject:    colors
From:       Charles Geyer charlie () umich ! edu
Date:       1998-04-01 21:48:24

One thing I noticed was that you set a background color bbut no others.
Many readers with low vision reset their default text color and other
colors. My default text color is close to white which makes it very hard to
read your files that have a white background.

One option is for you to set no colors at all in your documents, letting
the defaults take over.  If you don't want to do that tnen at least set ALL
your colors (TEXT, ALINK, VLINK), not just the background.

I know that I can force the browser to always use my default colors, but
this can give unreadable results when I want to read some complicated pages
that include graphics.

Your page is easy to listen to with a screen reader (JFW 3.0 and Netscape
Navigator 3.04). I have only looked at the toplevel page so far.

Thank you for asking these questions while you redesign your format.

Charlie Geyer
e-mail: charlie@umich.edu