List:       enlightenment-users
Subject:    Re: [e-users] E17 cvs info
From:       Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <raster () rasterman ! com>
Date:       2007-04-21 1:30:15

On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 17:04:44 +0100 "Paulo J. Matos" <pocm@soton.ac.uk> babbled:

> Hello all,
>
> By looking to E17 cvs there are surely a lot of folders I have no idea
> what they have or even if they are useful (i.e. if should be
> compiled), mainly in apps. It'd be nice to have a page with
> information regarding the package inside a given dir. I think a simple
> description + if it is usable/compilable, etc + app homepage, if any.
> What do you think of having a page like this in the wiki?
> Will someone do it?, or should I add it, and then I'll leave
> incomplete what I don't know so people can fix it?

well here's my take.

cvs is a place DEVELOPERS share code. as long as developers know what's where -
it isn't important. our ultimate OUTPUT from development is tarballs of source
code. what ends up in such "released" tarballs are the actual apps/lib/software
we ultimately will distribute and support. the cvs tree is pretty deep but
logically organised. it doesn't take long to find what is where - and why. the
ONLY thing u need to know is "do i care about this bit?" and you will care if
someone tells you you NEED it (eg its a dependency for another app or lib you
want).

> Cheers,
> --
> Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at soton.ac.uk