List:       enlightenment-devel
Subject:    Re: [E-devel] more ppl wanted
From:       Thierry <jest () free ! fr>
Date:       2004-10-11 21:43:57

Hi,

Actually, I'm pretty interested, as i wanted to do a more general "rich text"
(text+images and, why not, animation/sound for the case of a browser)
displayer, actually, i wanted it to be able to display pdf and ps, but with
some sort of plugin system, where you only write a plugin for a particular file
type. I didn t plan to write a html plugin, but wanted to have it as a
possibility (along the possibility of displaying things like oo presentations,
text, and so on).
BUT, yes, there is a small issue. at the moment, ewl is not able to handle UTF
correctly, so this issue is to be resolved first.
On the other side, maybe doing this first as a lib/widget with plugins would be
the best solution, so it would be possible to insert a viewer in whatever app
you want (ie, filemanager).

Maybe it goes beyond what you wanted to do, but if you think it s a good idea,
we can do it together.

-Thierry-

Selon Carlos Alberto Morales Ramirez <carlosm@itmexicali.edu.mx>:

> hi, my name is Carlos Morales, I´m from Mexico, some months ago I had the
> idea of start the developping of a web browser based on firefox (called
> foxe) which would use with the EFL libs (I want to port to EFL everything
> including the mozilla engine), the principal thing I want is to make it
> faster I use to had a P2 processor and it loads a little slow, another
> reasson is that I don't want to have GTK2 installed to browse the web.
>
> I'm not asking for help at this moment, the problem I'm having is that I
> need to know if there is anybody who wants to join this project, I'm an
> student and I consider this project a medium size one. the only point I
> want to be consider is that the project should always be EFL based, not X,
> no GTK, no qt, not even winAPI (lol), of course the project would be BSD
> licensed project.
>
> any interested person pls contact me, this is my very first project (but
> not the last one have anothers projects in mind but need to do this
> project first is the easier one).
>

> --
> Ing. Carlos Alberto Morales Ramirez
> Instituto Tecnologico de Mexicali
> Mexicali, B.C. Mexico

Et dire que l'on considere l'espece humaine comme "evoluee" ...