List:       enlightenment-devel
Subject:    Re: [E-devel] CVS gets a haircut
From:       Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <raster () rasterman ! com>
Date:       2003-12-25 4:48:57

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 17:41:44 -0800 (PST) "Ben Rockwood" <benr@cuddletech.com>
babbled:

> It's finally time, I think, to prune CVS.  The prune would only involve
> e17/.  e16/ is fine, I already pruned web/ awhile back, and misc is
> supposed to be a mess. This means we need to confront some issues we've
> been avoiding for awhile, like:  Should we migrate proto/ into libs/ ? Do
> we whack the old dead apps? (etcher, e, etc)
>
> My initial hit list of things to go are:
>
> libs/ebg
yup
> libs/ebits
yup
> libs/emenu
yup
> libs/eprog
rephorm.. do you plan on porting this to the new ecore etc.?
> libs/evas2
yup
> libs/imlib2_loader_db
yup
> apps/ebindings
yup
> apps/efm
yup
> apps/efileinfo
yup
> apps/elogin
yup
> apps/esmall
yup
> apps/etcher
i'd say keep for reference.
> apps/ewidgetd
yup
> apps/foo
yup
> apps/med
maybe keep for reference?
> apps/ebony
yup

>   Okey, some of these are questionable.  Like, would anyone ever be
> interested in resurecting Ebits?  Someone from outside the project
> might.  Which means Ebony and Etcher would be handy.  Do we whack E?  Or
> leave it
> for historical reference in the rewrite?

some things would be nice for reference... i'd say.

>   When we do that whack I'll make a backup using the nightly CVS tar
> (which is the raw cvsroot itself) just in case we change our minds
> later.

that's cool.

>   If anyone thinks maybe it's too early to clean up CVS thats valid too.
>
>   Project owners!: Any directories inside your code that need to be pruned
> please let me know about.

aaah cleanage. it's not that imperative at this stage - in the end cvs is a tool
used to produce tarballs (and rpms etc.) not as a final public distribution
mechanism, so cleanliness is not a top priority i guess. but it's always nice to
do.

> benr.

--------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" --------------------
$B7'<*(B - $B<V7/(B                         raster@deephackmode.org
Mobile Phone: +61 (0)413 451 899    Home Phone: 02 9698 8615