List:       elecraft
Subject:    [Elecraft] K4 HDMI audio
From:       steve WB3LGC <sm.shearer.01 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2021-08-19 23:43:16

A K4 question on HDMI while waiting for my K4D...
If I am using a computer monitor, I don't expect audio.

I am currently using a 24" TV with two (2) HDMI inputs for my shack PC
and I was wondering if the K4 will pass audio over the HDMI
connection??  Having audio to a large screen 4K "smart" TV would make a
great demo station.  Thinking Scouts at JOTA and thinking K4 delivery by
JOTA (October) ???  (won't hold my breath as I am near the end of group 1)

IF not, it would be a nice future update.
I have not heard any comments one way or the other (that I remember).

Yes, it looks like there are audio "injectors", too.  I think this will
work?
https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-BlackbirdTM-HDMI-Audio-Inserter/dp/B01B5FR7PY/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=hdmi+audio+injector&qid=1629415879&sr=8-2

73, steve WB3LGC