List:       elecraft
Subject:    Re: [Elecraft] Weird KIO3UPKT problem
From:       "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists () subich ! com>
Date:       2018-03-31 18:22:38

> as soon as the KIO3UPKT is plugged in I get the hum. The KIO3UPKT
> seems to function just fine in all other ways except for inducing
> this noise. Any ideas???
*BOND* the chassis of the K3/K3S, your computer, your power supply,
and your HiFi system together with a 1/2" braid, #12 or larger wire.
Make sure both the computer, power supply and HiFi supply are all
connected to the same outlet/back box.  SeeK9YC's excellent tutorial:
    <http://audiosystemsgroup.com/GroundingAndAudio.pdf>

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV