List:       dri-users
Subject:    Re: [Dri-users] how well does i810/i815 DRI work for you ?
From:       Harri Haataja <harri () smilehouse ! com>
Date:       2001-04-30 7:12:57

On 27 xxx -1 adoniz@hushmail.com wrote:

> i'd like to know from those of you who have used the i810 and/or i815 chipsets
> how well they work under DRI, and what kind of problems you might have come
> up against etc etc

I'm right now on an i810 based Compaq Deskpro and there's a heap of these
where I work. DRI works pretty much fine. You'll need to define the memory
size explicitly and since there's no real video ram, you can put in
whatever you want. (I used about 10M)

I don't know if it's the setup or what but I tried Q3 and it hardlocked
the machine. Also there's some redraw problems in netscape and odd flicker
in some screensavers. I suppose it can't all be hardware to blame ;)

RH7.0, stock + 2.4.0-2.4.2 from bestlinux test area.

RH install autodetects both video and audio and they seem to work very
painlessly.

--
md5 sum:	07394dd242eb331be403826f2df92bbf