List:       dri-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: libdrm repo
From:       Robert Noland <rnoland () 2hip ! net>
Date:       2009-11-30 3:51:55

On Sun, 2009-11-29 at 15:36 -0800, vehemens wrote:
> I believe that moving away from the current model makes it more
> difficult
> to "... spread the burden ...", hence my objections.  If you want to
> call
> that ranting or complaining, so be it.

We no longer get to share the burden with the much larger group of linux
devs directly.  That *was* my primary objection to
reorganizing/abandoning drm git in the first place.  Yes, I'm a little
bitter about it when I have to recite how we got where we are, but it's
done, we lost, move on.

As for the FreeBSD code, generally each subsystem has one primary
responsible individual.  For drm, that person is me.  Anyone is more
than welcome to submit patches for review by either sending them to the
mailing lists, sending them to me, or filing a PR.  I've accepted
patches from you in the past and I will continue to do so, if you choose
to send them.

At last check, you had not yet been granted commit privileges for drm
git, so your path was still to submit patches to the mailing list, or
directly to me.  So, I don't quite get how it makes a difference to you
if you submit patches based on drm git or against the FreeBSD src tree.
For anyone to grant you commit privs, either on fd.o or FreeBSD.org (or
most any other repo for that matter) you are going to have to
demonstrate a track record of submitting reasonable patches and a
willingness to work and get along within that community of developers.
It has been more than a year since you submitted anything to me that was
coherent and usable.  This tar file that you sent me is dated 09/12/09,
but despite your arguments, it isn't currently in a form that makes it
reasonable to extract the good changes from the bad.  I look at diffs
pretty much every day.

robert.

--
Robert Noland <rnoland@2hip.net>