List:       drbd-user
Subject:    Re: [DRBD-user] Question about DRBD and MySQL
From:       Arnold Krille <arnold () arnoldarts ! de>
Date:       2014-05-31 16:03:29

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thu, 29 May 2014 17:11:04 -0400 Digimer <lists@alteeve.ca> wrote:
> As a somewhat separate topic, having the DRBD link use an
> active/passive bond with each link going to a different switch
> (ideally stacked with hitless failover) allows DRBD to operate
> without interruption, regardless of port, cable or even total switch
> failure.

I thing that hit me with such a setup (active-passive-bond with two
switches for the cluster in my case): Its great to fail over when one
switch fails completely due to power-loss or something like that. But
When the switch fails software-wise (failure or misconfiguration) the
network-links will still be up, so no fail-over from the bond is
happening. But no data will go around...

Have fun,

- Arnold