List:       dlm-devel
Subject:    [Dlm-devel] Renaming of API routines and other stuff
From:       Peter Badovinatz <tabmowzo () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-03-13 2:29:38

Hello all.  I checked in today changes that affect most of the tree, to rename
things from "clm" to "dlm".  In general the renaming was limited to client
visible items, so, most of the file names and other purely internal items
retained their historic "clm" prefixes.

- In the file dlm.h, all kinds of things, e.g., clmlock --> dlmlock; CLM_NORMAL
--> DLM_NORMAL, etc.

- Include file "cluster.h" was renamed to "dlm_cluster.h".

- Some items moved around so that client code ONLY needs dlm.h and
dlm_cluster.h.

- Changes related to the renaming rippled throughout the tree.  source/dlmdk
and source/libdlm most heavily hit.

Also checked into the test/ directory were client1.c and client2.c, two trivial
test programs to make simple lock/unlock calls.  Note that I just moments ago
found a bug that causes unlock requests to unconditionally fail.  I won't have
a fix checked in tonight.

Also, it still hangs the complete machine on SMP systems...

Peter

=====
These have been the opinions of:
Peter R. Badovinatz -- (503)578-5530 (TL 775)
wombat@us.ibm.com/tabmowzo@yahoo.com
and in no way should be construed as official opinion of
IBM, Corp.