List:       dlm-devel
Subject:    [Dlm-devel] New build instructions, Makefile changes
From:       Ian D Romanick <idr () cs ! pdx ! edu>
Date:       2001-03-09 20:01:01

I have just finished checking in all of my Makefile changes.  I also added a
file called documents/BUILD that explains how to build and install the DLM.
This is *NOT* the be-all end-all build document, but I think it should get
most people up and running.

The only currently known (to me) issue with builds that has not been
resolved is the ability to specify an "alternate" kernel source directory
(for includes).  Right now, the code just expects that everything will be in
/usr/include/{asm,kernel}.

Here's the quick-and-dirty:

cd dlm/source
cvs -z9 update
HEARTBEAT_PATH=<path to heartbeat source> CLUSTMGR=heartbeat UP=up make clean dep
HEARTBEAT_PATH=<path to heartbeat source> CLUSTMGR=heartbeat UP=up make all

I will usually also add MAKE='make -j3' to the 'make all' command line, but
that doens't really change anything (just makes it build faster, esp on an
SMP system).

HEARTBEAT_PATH=<path to heartbeat source> CLUSTMGR=heartbeat UP=up \
	MAKE='make -j3' make all

If you're building on the system where the DLM is to be installed, you would
do:

HEARTBEAT_PATH=<path to heartbeat source> CLUSTMGR=heartbeat UP=up make install

Then, just cd to dlmdu and run:

./dlmdu -C dlmconf.cfg -d ALL

You'll need to create a dlmconf.cfg file for your cluster.  Details on how
to do this are in the BUILD file.

--
"Somebody told me 'Big brother's watching you!'    http://www.cs.pdx.edu/~idr/
 Somebody else said 'You know it's not true!'