List:       djbdns
Subject:    Re: supporting BIND slaves
From:       Claudiu Costin <claudiuc () work ! ro>
Date:       2001-08-23 13:51:48

On Wednesday 22 August 2001 22:26, Greg White wrote:
[snip]

> (assumes that /etc/tinydns/root/data currently contains the zones you
> actually maintain)
>
> mkdir /etc/tinydns/root/slaves
> mkdir /etc/tinydns/root/locals
> cd /etc/tinydns/root
> mv data locals/locals.data
> cd /etc/tinydns/root/slaves
> tcpclient ip.address.of.BIND.master 53 axfr-get example.com \
>  zone-example.com zone-example.com.tmp
> tcpclient ip.address.of.BIND.master 53 axfr-get example.net \
>  zone-example.net zone-example.net.tmp
> cat zone* | sort -u > slaves.data
> cd /etc/tinydns/root
> cat locals/*.data slaves/*.data > data
> make

Thank you very much.

P.S. I started a "ndc" sh script (nice djbdns controler :) to
emulate BIND ndc behaviour. Currently (along simple options)
can rebuild data.cdb from lot of *.zone file spread arround
/etc/tinydns/zone directory. For "ndc stats" it will be
very cool to dump memory statistics from tinydns. I know that
log can pe parsed but this take time... Anyway, I'll make it
public when I'll finish integrating NOTIFY sending script
after data.cdb is rebuild.

kind regards,
--
Claudiu Costin