List:       djbdns
Subject:    Re: Full featured djbdns jumbo patch
From:       "Rob Mayoff" <mayoff () dqd ! com>
Date:       2001-10-12 7:01:05

+---------- On Oct 11, Paul Jarc said:
> You have a forwarder with a large cache pointing to a resolver with a
> small cache.  You change the resolver's servers/* and restart it.
> Your forwarder retains its large cache.

In that setup, changing the small cache's servers/* might leave the
wrong data in the large cache. E.g. I ask the large cache about dqd.com
and get answer X. Then I create servers/dqd.com, pointing at my private
dqd.com server, in the small cache's $ROOT. I restart the small cache,
but the large cache still has answer X in its cache.

Would it be better to have a small cache with servers/*, forwarding to a
large cache?