List:       dhcp-server
Subject:    Re: OMAPI & Multiple entries for a MAC
From:       Keith Neufeld <neufeld () pittstate ! edu>
Date:       2003-09-24 17:37:34

   *** From dhcp-server -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

> If you have "deny unknown clients," that could be throwing a spanner in the
> works.  I don't remember how this is handled - it may be that if the fixed
> address doesn't match, the client is considered unknown.   However, my
> recollection is that that's how it was in v2, and I changed it so that a
> client was known if there was a host entry for it in v3.

Just experimented, and here's what I get.

I have a host declaration with a fixed-address, and some configuration
statements.  Boot the client on a subnet where the fixed-address doesn't
apply, and the host is _known_ (still boots even _with_ "deny unknown
clients" on the pool), but doesn't use the host declaration or the
configuration statements (which I can tell via the pick() I use to set
the ddns-hostname).

So known, but nothing else.  Seems an odd combination.
--
Keith Neufeld
System Administrator