List:       debian-user
Subject:    linphone and address books
From:       Rainer Dorsch <ml () bokomoko ! de>
Date:       2023-06-02 8:03:48

Hello,

I am using linphone since quite some time and it works very reliable for me.
One feature I am missing is the import of existing address books (either from
a vcf file, a carddav server or similar). Read only is sufficient for me. I see
in settings, there is an advanced menu, which has an entry address book
sources. But then it seems I need a plugin for that? Can anybody tell if and
how that works?

Another minor issue I have is that an ongoing call in linphone does not
prevent KDE to go into suspend mode, if there is no user input.

Alternatively, are there in bookworm alternative SIP clients, which you are
recommending and integrate well with KDE Plasma?

Any hint or advice is welcome.

Many thanks
Rainer

--