List:       debian-user
Subject:    Re: CVS
From:       Olle Eriksson <pt00oer () student ! bth ! se>
Date:       2004-02-21 8:59:21

On Sat, 2004-02-21 at 04:25, developer@wexwarez.com wrote:
> I have a stable/testing/unstable mix of a woody system running with the
> 2.4.24 kernel.  I have installed cvs version  1.11.1p1debian-9.  For local
> users cvs seems to function fully including remotely through pserver.  I
> am trying to add cvs users that are non system users, but I can't figure
> out how to do it.  I thought you did like cvs passwd -a username but that
> doesn't seem to be an option. I also looked at the
> adduser-plugin-cvsaccess module but that didn't seem to do anything for me
> either.  Any help much appreciated -ryan

I am using the pserver option with CVS and the CVSROOT in /var/lib/cvs
and this is what I did.

- Make sure /etc/services included a line saying:
    cvspserver      2401/udp
- Added the following line to /etc/inetd.conf:
    cvspserver stream tcp nowait root /usr/bin/cvs cvs \
      --allow-root=/var/lib/cvs pserver
- Create the file /var/lib/cvs/CVSROOT/passwd
- To add a user to that file:
    htpasswd -n <username> >> /var/lib/cvs/CVSROOT/passwd
  (then append ":cvs" to the end of each line in that file, to make all
   files owned by user cvs)
- Change the environment variable CVSROOT to:
    CVSROOT=:pserver:<username>@localhost:/var/lib/cvs
- cvs login

Olle