List:       darcs-users
Subject:    [darcs-users] Re: Using Darcs for Debian package maintenance
From:       John Goerzen <jgoerzen () complete ! org>
Date:       2006-08-11 13:25:39

On 2006-08-02, Peter Van Eynde <pvaneynd@debian.org> wrote:
> I fear I'm running into some problems using darcs for my debian packages:
> pull's are getting slower and slower and in some cases are not finishing even
> over the weekend.  I'm putting what I learn on the debian wiki
> (http://wiki.debian.org/PackagingWithDarcsAndTailor).

Hi Peter,

I maintain Debian patches with Darcs, and haven't had the same problems
(well, only once).  I'm not sure why you are seeing it, but I'll try to
update the wiki with my experiences.

One thing you might want to think about: how often are you tagging and
how often are you merging?

I don't know if either of those will help, but my hunch is that they
might.

Note also that tailor can't track renames from CVS repos, but
darcs_load_dirs can (with manual assistance).

-- John