List:       darcs-users
Subject:    Re: New feature? (was [darcs-users] Re: Retrieving a specific
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2005-04-08 7:01:56

On Friday 08 April 2005 08:29, goran.krampe@bluefish.se wrote:
> The thing in my proposal is that patch takes [FILE or DIRECTORY] as an
> argument which means that you can use it to only see how a single file
> looked at a specific point in time (for example).

If you are saying that you want file based instead of patch based rollback
option; then that really does not fit in darcs, don't you think?  Most of
the time things will break compiling if you rollback only part of the
patch. They are patchsets for a reason; you know ;)
You should take a look at the option to record less changes per patch if you
feel you need to split patches up.

If you take that into account both rollback and unpull will suffice for the
situations you showed.   Won't they?
If not; please show a real life situation where you just can't do without
this feature.  I'm not really sold on a 'Wouldn't it be nice" kind of
arguments..
--
Thomas Zander